Natural Remedies for Faster Flu Recovery
Flu Fighters: When the flu comes for an unwelcome visit, Here’s how to get back on track and On the Mend.
Start with Lots of Salt Baths:
Warm soothing waters of a deep mineral salt bath can help ease some of the symptoms of colds and flu, such as body aches and nasal congestion. The warm water and steam can help to loosen mucus and ease congestion, while the magnesium and sulfate can help to relax the muscles and reduce inflammation.
Additionally, adding essential oils such as eucalyptus, lavender, and lemongrass to the salt bath can help to further improve respiratory function by opening up the airways and easing congestion.
In addition to salt soaks and peppermint oil, there are several other natural remedies that can be helpful in recovering from cold and flu symptoms:
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of fluids, such as water, tea, can help to flush out toxins and keep the body hydrated. This can also help to relieve congestion and soothe a sore throat. Sipping on rich, mineral bone can help give your body the protein and trace minerals needed to repair and recover faster.
- Deep Rest: Resting is crucial when recovering from a cold or flu. Getting plenty of sleep and avoiding strenuous activities can help to conserve energy and allow the body to focus on healing. Using healing meditations and Yoga Nidra can also help the healing process.
- Honey: Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe a sore throat and ease coughing. Add a spoonful of honey to a cup of warm water with lemon or tea to stay hydrated and soothe a cough or cold.
- CBD Supplement: Cannabidiol is naturally antibacterial and can help support your immune system in times of stress.
- Garlic: Garlic has antimicrobial properties that can help to fight off infections. Add fresh garlic to bone broth or salty lemon water or take a garlic supplement.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can help to boost the immune system and help reduce fever and inflammation in the body. Eating foods rich in vitamin C, such as grapefruits and fresh oranges or taking a vitamin C supplement can help to you boost your vitamin C intake.
*It's important to remember, this is NOT intended as medical advice. If your symptoms persist or worsen, be sure to seek medical attention.
How to Use Peppermint Oil for Faster Flu Recovery:
Peppermint oil is a popular natural remedy for flu symptoms due to its ability to help ease congestion, reduce inflammation, and boost the immune system. Here are some ways to use peppermint oil for faster flu recovery:
- Aromatherapy Inhalation: Add a few drops of peppermint oil to a bowl of hot water, cover your head with a towel, and inhale the steam for a few minutes. This can help to ease nasal congestion and clear the sinuses.
- Massage: Mix a few drops of Frosted peppermint oil and mix with On the Mend CBD oil to massage onto the chest, back, and neck. This can help to ease body aches and increase respiratory circulation.
- Gargle: Add a few drops of Frosted peppermint oil to a glass of warm water and gargle for 30 seconds. This can help to ease sore throat and reduce inflammation.