As regulatory restrictions open up, and cannabis stigmas continue to fall, a CBD experience at the spa is becoming more available to those seeking pain relief and relaxation across the country.
CBD (cannabidiol) massage is a relatively new form of massage therapy that uses CBD oil or other CBD-infused products during the massage. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis plants that interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system to produce various health effects. Here are some of the potential benefits of CBD massage:
- Reduces inflammation: CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce inflammation in the body. This can be particularly beneficial for people with conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, or sports injuries.
- Relieves pain: CBD has analgesic (pain-relieving) properties, which can help to alleviate pain and discomfort during and after the massage. This can be particularly beneficial for people with chronic pain conditions.
- Promotes relaxation: CBD has been shown to have calming and relaxing effects, which can help to enhance the overall relaxation benefits of the massage. This can be particularly beneficial for people with anxiety, stress, or insomnia.
- Improves skin health: CBD has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to improve the health and appearance of the skin. CBD massage may be particularly beneficial for people with skin conditions such as acne, eczema, or psoriasis.
- Enhances the massage experience: CBD massage can enhance the overall massage experience by providing a unique and therapeutic element to the treatment. CBD-infused products can also provide additional benefits such as aromatherapy and moisturization.
Let’s take it from the top….what is CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol - a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis plant. CBD has taken the world by storm recently as people seek more natural solutions to chronic pains and illness. New studies are regularly being released that show the benefits of cannabis for humans (and other mammals!) and in fact show the relationship between cannabis and our own bodies is naturally aligned. Humans have what is now known as an endocannabinoid system.
“The endocannabinoid system plays a crucial role in regulating a broad range of physiological processes that affect our everyday experience – our mood, our energy level, our intestinal fortitude, immune activity, blood pressure, bone density, glucose metabolism, how we experience pain, stress, hunger, and more,” reports Project CBD in the most succinct terms.
Endocannabinoids occur both naturally in our bodies and can be supplemented. These molecules help regulate our systems and most importantly, help cells that respond to illness or injury and trigger inflammation.
Let’s talk about inflammation
Inflammation is our body’s natural response to rally and fight against a problem, whether it’s an illness or injury. It’s meant to be a quick reaction to signal the healing process. Inflammation is a natural protective reaction the immune system has in response to infection or physical damage.
But prolonged, low-level inflammation can not only be fatiguing, it can also lead to more illness as it taxes our immune response. CBD products are designed to target inflammation and reduce it naturally, without side effects or other drug interactions. This is especially true of topical products like massage oils, body balms and CBD mineral soaks, as these products are easy to use on targeted areas to address specific pains.
Is all CBD equal? Definitely not!
Our premium CBD is derived from industrial grade hemp which means that the plant contains 0% THC, making it legal in all 50 states. Hemp is part of the cannabis sativa L. species, but hemp, and the CBD oil from it, has no psychoactive properties of other cannabis species — meaning you get all the health benefits with none of the “high” or other side side effects associated with consumable cannabis.
You might have heard of the “entourage effect” which indicates that CBD products must have a little THC or other cannabinoids to make it effective. While this might be true in an ingestible products, studies have shown that THC is not required to make a topical CBD product more effective. In fact, broad or full spectrum topical products can contain cannabinoids that might irritate the skin. That’s why we use a pure CBD isolate in our products that is triple tested for purity by a third party. Our CBD source is grown in Northern Europe with the strictest standards and with relationships with 5th generation hemp farmers. It is also triple tested for purity third party labs for an accurate concentration of cannabinoids and the presence of mold, mildew, fungus, toxins, heavy metals, and residual solvents to protect you from any contamination. Using a quality base product is something we take seriously!
How can CBD create a blissful spa service?
CBD is a plant-based topical that has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-anxiety benefits, all of which is the cornerstone of regular Spa treatments. People are discovering that CBD can be a long term solution to manage chronic pain in a healthy and natural way.
With one in seven Americans now using CBD, there is a need more than ever for people to know which CBD products to use. This is an ideal situation for clients who have long term relationships with their massage therapists. Offering a high-quality CBD product allows your therapists to be a trusted resource when it comes to choosing a product they can rely on to help them feel good.
A perfect candidate for CBD upgrades includes:
- Clients who have stiff or achy muscles and joints.
- Anyone with active lifestyles including golf, running, skiing and hiking.
- Clients suffering the effects from post injury recovery
- Clients experiencing high-stress environments - aromatherapy in products like On The Mend are designed to not only soothe the body, but signal mental relaxation as well.
Best Services To Integrate CBD Into Your Spa
A massage upgrade
Adding ON The Mend Oil as a targeted area massage is perfect. Therapists are blending On The Mend into their preferred unscented lotion, or using the oil in specific regions only such as shoulders, lower back or legs/feet.
- Exfoliate with On The Mend Scrub made with unrefined mineral salts combined with On The Mend Balm to gently revive skin.
- Finish with On the Mend Massage Oils and a warm Himalayan Salt Stone massage on legs and feet for deep relaxation.
If you’re looking to experience an incredible Spa service with Simple Jane CBD products, find one of our Spa partners nearest you or place an order and ask your Provider to use it with you!
If you’re a Spa professional that would like to bring the bliss to your spa, contact us here!